Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Lazy homemade dinners

look somewhat like this whenever we decide to cook (which is as often as possible when we're not too busy, since we rather not get take-out all the time). Oh we used to cook udon pretty often too but since we haven't found udon going for good deals the last couple times we went grocery shopping, we shall survive on pasta. Anyway. Pasta, sweet corn, and easy-bake fish.

Sauce differs each time -- tomato to alfredo to some fancy shmancy ones with garlic or whatever (pretty good). And sometimes we decide to just eat the pasta with Campbell's Mushroom Soup (with broccoli or cauliflower) or boil corn with the pasta to eat the pasta straight from the soup.





This week so far we only managed to cook twice and the latest (2 days ago, pictured) included IKEA's Vegetable Medallions! They're so yummy at the IKEA restaurants but when we make them at home they taste more onion-y :/ ?? The first time we made them, we just baked them. The second time (pictured), we pan-fried (without oil) and the onion taste was less prominent but, well, it's still there. I shall google this up when I have time.

Fish of choice is always haddock, either in full size or the smaller triangular "strips" type. We tried a multigrain pre-marinated tilapia once and... it was awful. So we're sticking with haddock!

I have thought of making rice dishes but I haven't got time to learn cooking some side dishes :/ ... any of you girls know any simple (and healthy) dishes to cook? Cause I don't really think eating ready-made food (like the fish / McCain's hash browns that we eat semi-often) all the time is any healthier than take-outs, if at all : P .

So tell me, what do you guys cook when you guys cook?


The next time I update on food will be on an eating-out experience : P less boring.


: )

5 comments:

  1. Oooh my, looks and sounds delicious! :D i love pastaaaaa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Julia :D !
      I love pasta too! I don't think I get bored of pasta haha :P

      Delete
  2. btw, ^ was Julia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pasta you have there looks delicious!

    I do the pasta-in-Campbell's-Mushroom-soup quite often too hahaha! Always taking the easy way out, but one of my favourite dishes to cook is Oyako don :)

    Love your layout, like always <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooouu hehe do you make your own sauce :0 ?
      Kevin and I always buy jars of pre-made pasta sauces XD so we only use mushroom soup as the "sauce" occasionally xP
      I haven't gotten to cook chicken at home cause I'm always scared that I would undercook or overcook them hahaha.

      Thank you as always hehee <3

      Delete